SHIFT SUPERVISOR: FT/PT Garnett, Ks Very Small Poultry Processing Plant seeking compassionate & firm leader to direct daily production tasks for 5-15 employees. Previous Management Experience & People Skills Required. Ability to lift 50#, active on concrete for 8 hrs. No Academic Requirements. $15-18/hr. Call/text 785-204-1568 firstname.lastname@example.org
NOW HIRING: FT/PT Local Food/Meat Processing SHIFT SUPERVISOR for Rural Family Business
ANCO Poultry Processing, a Bauman family company, has an opportunity for a Shift Supervisor at our Garnett, KS USDA-inspected facility. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a dedication to quality.
If you are looking to advance your career without sacrificing your happiness, join our farm family where you can be a part of providing quality poultry products to Eastern Kansas. As a family-based business, we believe our jobs can be both meaningful and pleasant, while providing a valuable service to our community. Come see what a difference it makes in your personal and professional life to be part of a team that cares. We aren’t focused on stockholder profits here, but building community wealth through meaningful work with quality products.
What is a shift supervisor?
Shift supervisors coordinate the daily operations during a shift. They are in charge of maintaining productivity and a consistently positive customer experience. This role is fully supported by a General Operations Manager and a family Board of Directors.
What does a shift supervisor do?
Shift supervisors overview the daily activities and how employees perform during their shift. They are also in charge of maintaining a tidy and organized workspace stocked with essential supplies, while ensuring that production or service runs smoothly.
Shift supervisor duties include:
- Directing Daily Workflow for 5-15 people in a very small poultry processing plant.
- Monitoring daily employee performance.
- Managing employee schedules.
- Maintaining family-friendly and positive working environment.
- Clearly communicating any issues of concern with the General Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- Meeting regularly with General Manager and Board of Directors to strategize and tackle larger business or personnel concerns.
The increasing demand for local meat and poultry processing has turned our part-time USDA-Inspected facility into a full-time operation. As our job duties have expanded with this increase, we need the assistance of a Shift Supervisor to help us properly manage this increased product flow and employee management.
On a daily basis, you’ll supervise employees during your shift and make sure that they complete their tasks and are motivated to work effectively. Shift supervisor skills include contributing to the production strategy by knowing the business goals and how to achieve them. You’ll also act as a reference point for employees, and sometimes customers, ready to fix problems that occasionally arise.
Ultimately, you’ll help maintain our business reputation by ensuring daily production is completed and goals are met.
Unlike most Shift Manager positions, this has OPPORTUNITY for ADVANCEMENT because we are a flexible and diverse business within a growing market.
Company will assist with further education on industry knowledge/management skills.
- Manage daily schedules, employee shifts, and time-off requests.
- Assign duties to employees and oversee their progress.
- Ensure that daily production goals are met.
- Train and integrate new workers.
- Provide guidance and feedback to employees, when needed.
- Ensure food safety rules and regulations are followed.
- The ability to meet the physical demands of the job, such as standing on concrete for 8 hours and lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Working well within a team.
- Ability to multitask.
- Leadership and conflict-management skills.
- Educational Diplomas. We train to suit, if the applicant has people/leadership skills.
- Bookkeeping or secretarial duties.
- Prior Food Safety experience or HACCP degree.
- PT 20 hours / FT 40 hours weekly (both positions open)
- $15-$18/hour (depending on experience/qualifications)
- Weekly paychecks, auto-deposited
- Potential Benefits
If you are ready to grow your career with an industry innovator and want to positively impact our team and the local foods system, then join in helping us in raising expectations. Our Strategy is to Attract, Grow, Reward and Retain the best, and we believe that our Culture is the connecting thread that drives that strategy!
- In Person: Mon-Fri from 1-6 pm at 24161 NW Kentucky Road, Garnett, KS
- Email: email@example.com
- Call/Text: Rosanna Bauman at 785-204-1568